Miller Proheat 35
Weld Preheating and Stress Relieving Induction Heating System
The Miller Proheat 35 induction heating system has been touring New Zealand, giving engineers a unique opportunity to witness its capacity to cost effectively heat steel much more efficiently and safely than possible with conventional methods.
For example, preheating a 30mm x 3 metre plate in under 8 minutes.
This simple and cost-effective process can be applied in the following applications to deliver fast and consistent heat:
Applications that would typically require hours to heat can be done in minutes. Discover the dramatic benefits of using induction heating compared to current processes for time-to-temperature for typical heating applications of pipe and plate.
- Welding fabrication and construction
- Preheating of weld joints
- Post-weld heat treatment
- Hydrogen bakeout
- Coating removal
- Shrink Fit
In addition to the simplicity and efficiency of the Proheat 35, this heating system solves many key issues in today's environment.
- Induction heating does not require the significant expense of fuel gases.
- Induction heating produces fewer fumes than flame heating.
- Induction heating produces less particulate from overhead insulation caused by high temperature electrical wires and ceramic pads.
- Induction heating does not produce the exposure to burns associated with open flames and electrical resistance wires (only the work part becomes hot).
These benefits of induction heating and Proheat combine to provide a more productive work environment and delivers significant cost savings.